T slot aluminium extrusion profiles are popular for a variety of reasons. Mainly their popularity is due to the fact that they are lightweight and durable, and because they are basically modular components, that provide effective solutions for a variety of applications.
Compared to steel fabrication, a t slot aluminum extrusion profile doesn’t need to be welded, ground, primed or painted, saving both time and money in its manufacture. The practicality of a t slot profile makes them suitable for many manufacturing processes, including assembly, linear motion systems and automation.
Structural aluminium framing using a t slot profile has achieved great success and is regularly used in machine bases, laser enclosures, work stations, noise containment enclosures, and machine guard safety enclosures. Aerospace, medical device manufacturers and the electric vehicle industry, all make use of t slot aluminium extrusion profiles in their assembly and manufacturing processes.
Some of the benefits of t slot aluminum extrusion vs steel include:
- An equivalent steel structure takes longer to engineer and assemble than aluminium.
- Steel requires ongoing maintenance, because it’s prone to rust and corrosion, so it needs to be inspected and painted regularly to maintain its integrity.
- Steel needs to be welded and ground whilst aluminium doesn’t.
- Design changes can be made on the fly with t slot aluminium extrusion profiles, whilst steel takes much more time to modify, meaning less delays and fewer missed deadlines.
- Structural aluminium can be engineered much more precisely than steel with near perfect measurements, easily meeting compliance standards quickly and easily.
The need for low cost producers in a competitive market is vital for the Australian economy. So it is good to know that the need for modular custom and off-the-shelf t slot aluminum extrusion profiles continues to grow, as more and more industries realise the benefits of using this lightweight and cost-effective material for their engineering applications.
A t slot profile made from aluminium is ideal for complex processes with multiple modular components, being cheaper and faster to produce, assemble and test than steel equivalents. The bottom line is that t slot aluminium extrusion profiles are just as strong as steel, whilst being faster to engineer and assemble, and cheaper and easier to maintain.
For more information on using t slot aluminum extrusion profiles for your applications, call us on 07 3823 1079 or send us an email.